Baker’s Federal Credit Union will never initiate a request for sensitive information via e-mail or text messaging (e.g. Social Security number, PINs, passwords or account numbers). If you receive an e-mail or a text message that request this type of sensitive information, contact us to verify its authenticity. DO NOT respond directly back to these.
- Never respond to an unsolicited e-mail that asks you for personal financial information.
- Never click on any link in an e-mail you believe is fraudulent.
- Do not be intimidated by an e-mail or caller who suggest dire consequences if you do not immediately provide or verify information.
- If there is concern, telephone the organization using a number that you know to be valid.
- Use the Federal Trade Commission website, www.onguardonline.gov. Consumers can take interactive quizzes designed to enlighten them about identity theft, phishing, spam and online-shopping scams. Elsewhere on the site, consumers can find detailed guidance on how to monitor their credit histories, use effective passwords and recover from identity theft.